Apply for an entry-level grant (ALG II)
II), you should always also apply for the so-called start-up allowance. This is helpful for you to be financially secure, especially in the start-up phase.
How much start-up money you will receive depends on your current living situation, i.e. what you need to live and how long you have been looking for work. You can receive this support for a maximum of 24 months, it is paid out monthly and is not subject to any deductions.
This means that your income will be deducted from the grant, taking into account certain allowances. The same allowances apply that are also taken into account when income is offset against the standard rate. The starter allowance is regarded as earmarked income and is therefore not treated as income. You therefore do not have to pay tax on it either.
The amount can also change over the entire funding period. It is possible, for example, that you will receive more money in the first few months than at the end. If necessary, this will be determined with your placement specialist at the office at the beginning and is based, among other things, on your financial plan.
It is important to know that there is no legal claim here either. Always apply for it in writing and have a refusal explained to you in writing.
In addition, so-called “benefits for the integration of self-employed persons” are possible. You can, for example, receive grants (maximum amount of 5,000 EUR) or loans for the purchase of material goods.
1. Prerequisites for consultation before the foundation
Here are the basic requirements you need to meet:
- You are currently receiving ALG II
- You have not yet set up your business as your main occupation
- You will work full time after founding, i.e. you will work at least 15 hours per week.
- Your idea is sustainable. I.e. you will be able to live from your idea in the medium term and will not need any further support from the authorities.
- You have the appropriate skills, professionally and entrepreneurially. If you have never been self-employed before, you can learn the necessary knowledge in a start-up seminar. The seminar is also supported by the Jobcenter
Every person with main residence in Germany who wants to start a business or take over an existing business can apply for this funding.
In addition, you need on the one hand a good idea, which you explain a business & financial plan and on the other hand the appropriate previous education. So you have to fulfill the following points:
- Vocational education (training / advanced training, master craftsman training or completed studies with commercial / business administration content,
- professional experience
- basic knowledge relevant to founding a company
If you do not have the professional experience, you need a good reason why you are suitable for a lateral entry.
In addition to the business and financial plan and the explanation of your previous education, you also need a recommendation from a competent authority. These are the local Chambers of Industry and Commerce (IHK), the Chambers of Crafts (HWK) and the Landesverband der Freien Berufe Sachsen e. V. (LFB). But also a tax consultant or a start-up consultant, as I am, can provide this opinion. So you have to ask these bodies for such an assessment.
Here are the most important stations on the schedule:
- Register as jobseeker
- Optional: Talk with me to clarify arguments with the office
- Discuss start-up with placement specialist at employment agency or job center
- Create a business and financial plan and optionally attend a start-up seminar, you are welcome to use the AVGS for this purpose.
- Obtain an expert opinion
- Request application, fill it out and complete it with the expert opinion, curriculum vitae and certificates.
- apply for start-up money before founding
The subsidy is paid out monthly according to the approval. In addition, you must regularly report your figures to the office, so that they see that everything is going according to Plan.
I would like to give you a big commendation. I got to know you as a very sympathetic business coach with empathy and sensitivity. Working with you was a great pleasure. With ease and a meeting at eye level, the coaching became an event which could be implemented “hand in hand”, with enthusiasm. Thank you very much for this and all the best for you!
Source: Anja (google)